Smithfield House Children’s Nursery puts safeguarding at the forefront of all our activities. We believe that the safety and well-being of the children, parents/carers, and staff that attend our nursery is paramount. We have various safety precautions in place to ensure that our nursery environment is secure.
- The building is monitored 24/7 both internally and externally with CCTV cameras.
- We have several access control doors into the nursery securing the building and the main rooms where the children play.
- All our staff have undergone scrupulous background checks and are all registered on the DBS updates service allowing us to have a live link to their DBS status should anything change, which we personally check every term.
- The nursery environment has been designed totally around children. Toilets and sinks are appropriately sized to enable the children to be independent. Our nappy changing areas are purpose built so that our younger children feel safe and secure.
- Our Designated Safeguarding Lead Professional (DSL) is our Nursery Manager Chloe Bromley. Our Deputy Lead Professional is Shaney Selwyn. (DDSL)
- Chloe is also our Health and Well-Being Officer. Staff, Parents/carers can liaise directly with Chloe if they have any concerns relating to the nursery or if they need support or guidance around their homelife.